Scroll to the bottom for our giveaway! Ends December 15th - so hurry and enter!
It's that time of year again. Things get super busy, schedules change, there are lots of different - sometimes strong - smells around, there are more stressors, etc. I personally love the holidays because for me it's always been relaxing, fun, family time. But, I do have to be careful that I don't let myself get over-busy or let myself get off-routine and allow triggers to make my migraines worse.
Dr. Keri Peterson, who works with the makers of Excedrin Migraine, has provided us these great tips to help avoid nasty holiday migraines. Excedrin Migraine has also offered a great $100 AmEx gift card giveaway for readers of my blog AND a fun holiday sweepstakes!
- To help avoid your triggers:
- Stick to your regular routine. Eating, sleeping and exercising as you do the rest of the year can help reduce the chances of getting a migraine.1
- Manage your time and plan ahead. Coordinate plans and responsibilities in advance with relatives and friends, compose set menus when hosting a party and try to purchase gifts early so you’re not rushing at the last minute1
- Stay in ventilated spaces. As you browse through the mall, watch out for those scented candles or perfume if you are sensitive to smells2
- Eat and drink in moderation. Eat, drink, and be merry, but try not to consume sweets or alcoholic beverages in excess, as they could trigger migraines2
- Holiday time can also mean lots of traveling, so be sure to carry Excedrin® Migraine with you when you’re on the go for fast relief should a headache or migraine strike.
- With all of the stress that can come with the holidays, the makers of Excedrin® are hoping to help alleviate some! Visit Facebook.com/ Excedrin between November 1, 2013 and January 1, 2014 to enter the “Take a Holiday from Headaches” sweepstakes, where you’ll be eligible for a chance to win daily prizes including gift cards to popular retailers and one lucky grand prize of $25,000 to help with shopping, travel and other holiday expenses – all of which can give anyone a headache.3
ENTER TO WIN OUR GIVEAWAY
provided by Excedrin Migraine:
This month, we are also thrilled to be able to provide a fantastic Holiday giveaway to one of our lucky readers: a $100 AmEx Gift Card! Click here to enter! (Only one entry per email address is allowed.)
Winners drawn on December 15, 2013 at 11:59pm Central. One entry per email address only.
Disclaimer: I am a paid Excedrin® Migraine blog ambassador. Along with compensation, three giveaways were provided by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., the makers of Excedrin® Migraine; my journey for a migraine-free experience is my own.
1 Can be sourced to Cleveland Clinic
2 Can be sourced to Headaches.org
3 See official rules: https://on.fb.me/1b2G7OB