Scroll to the bottom for our giveaway! Ends September 15th - so hurry and enter!
This time of year doesn't present as many challenges for me personally from a "back to school" perspective as it does for many... because I don't have kids. But, it's usually the crazy heat that does me in... and this year is proving to be no exception. As I write this... the heat is climbing to a forecasted 101 degrees today! Yikes!
These August/September temperatures don't help me feel better on my bad days, but I am not going to spend any time whatsoever complaining. I am extremely lucky to have a great house, with excellent A/C, and can ride out these heat waves with little problem. I'm very lucky.
Back to school can be daunting for many migraineurs though... and the thought of shopping, prepping, schedules, cranky kids in the morning, etc... it is a lot to deal with. The folks at Excedrin know it's a lot and have provided some excellent information... a great sweepstakes to help out your kids' schools... and a helpful giveaway!
Did you know...
- According to a recent survey by the makers of Excedrin®, 69% of parents, who have at least one child in school this coming year, say they are excited for their child’s first day of school. That doesn’t change the fact that 44% of parents also say they expect to get a headache during the back to school season.
- According to a recent survey by the makers of Excedrin®, more than one-third of parents1 cite getting themselves (41%) and their children (43%) back on a schedule at the top of the list of things that might cause their headaches during the back to school season.
- In addition, more than one-third (35%) of parents1 say shopping for school supplies might give them a headache. With all the pencils, folders and notebooks, parents should remember to put Excedrin® on their back to school shopping list.
- According to a recent survey by the makers of Excedrin®, a large majority of parents (85%) think their schools are in need of new or upgraded supplies such as pencils and paper and computers or software and gym/sporting equipment. And that’s because with every purchase of Excedrin®, parents can enter for a chance to win $10,000 for their child’s school.
- To enter the “Help Your School Excel with Excedrin” sweepstakes and have the chance to be one of the five lucky winners, parents simply need to visit https://www.facebook.com/excedrin/app_416769051762792.
In keeping with the back-to-school theme, this month’s giveaway package is meant to help parents stay organized, hydrated and migraine-free as they adjust to hectic schedules and spend increasing amounts of time on-the-go. You'll receive a 2013-2014 academic planner and pen, a magnetic memo board and an aluminum tumbler.
Winners drawn on September 15, 2013 at 11:59pm Central.
I am a paid Excedrin® Migraine blog ambassador. Along with
compensation, three giveaways were provided by Novartis
Consumer Health, Inc., the makers of Excedrin® Migraine; my journey for a
migraine-free experience is my own.
1Parents that can name at least one thing that might cause a headache during the back to school season
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Runs 8/15/13 at 9:00:00 AM CDT to 9/15/13 at 11:59:59 PM CDT. Must be 18+, a legal resident of the 50 U.S./D.C., & have a valid email address & Facebook account. See www.facebook.com/excedrin for rules. To enter for free, hand-print your full name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, and name of school, and mail to: “Help Your School Excel With Excedrin® - Free to Enter”, PO Box 11387 South Bend, IN 46634-0387, postmarked by 9/16/13 and received by 9/23/13. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.